Tuesday 21 October 2008

New York part 2



The flight left ontime but due to strong head winds arrived on hour late. After getting off the plane we were the flight left into Newark but it still took us an hour and a half to get through immigration. It was bollarks.

Now I don’t mean to offended my American readers (cause there’s quite a few of you) but I need to vent a little rant (don’t read it if you easily offend).
Why the hell cant you manage immigration queues properly, I thought heathrow was crap but Newark and JFK take it to a new level. It’s security paranoia and to be honest, I think in the states the terrorist have won. The reason I say this is that I had my bag and shoes scanned just to get on a ferry, what the hell is that about its paranoia on another level. My apologies if I offended anyone but land of the free my ass. (pop up to Canada and see how they do it)
Rant over.

We got out of Newark about 12:30am and jump into a cab to the hotel. It took us about an hour 30 to get there cause various tunnels where closed and our hotel was on Wall Street.
Checked in at about 2am and hit the sack.

Woke up really really early cause of the time zone thing and so had an early breakfast and headed down to the ferry to see the statue of liberty. (I’m not gna go on about the security checks). To be fair the statue looks wicked, you own the French big time :-P

4 comments:

manxxman said...

You're absoutely right about security checks here in American (land that George Bush has scared to death). My ex mother in law, who is 84 and Irish looking as one can be, is constantly being taken out of the cue on airline checks for a "special" check.....what's that all about.....maybe they think she's IRA (isn't that war over already).

I hope you and your sis enjoyed the Big Apple despite it all.

Brent said...

HAVE A GOOD TIME IN NY!!!!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I was shocked with the amount of ID I had to give just to get on a train.

Mikey said...

It's because the Bush government took over security from private companies, and everything the Bush government has put it's hands on has been a complete failure. We'll see this week if we can finally get out from under that.