Thursday 4 September 2008

Comming out in T-minus .........!!!!!!!

First of all I would like to big up frozensteve who came out to his dad the other day. Good skills dude.


So I have pretty much settled on the 4th of October as the date that I’m coming out to my family. Just typing that sentence makes me feel so scared I feel sick. So that’s 30 days from today, or 720 hours, or 42,200 minutes, or 2,592,000 seconds.
My palms go all sweaty just thinking about it. I had two full panic attacks this weekend about it as well.

As to how its going to work I still haven’t figured out yet. I’m not sure whether to talk to them all individually or all at the same time, or do my Mum and Dad then my Bro and Sis.
Do I tell them about the BF strait away, or do I give them a chance to deal with the Gay bit first. (My preference is get it all out of the way strait away).
Do I do it face to face, or by letter or by phone. If I do it by letter do I give it to them or post it. Do I wait with them whilst they open and read it or do I stay away from them.

Then there’s the question of what do I say; “Mum, Dad, I’m gay” or “Mum, Dad, I have a boy friend”.
After I say those words do I wait for them to break the silence or me? Do I (in my normal coping mechanism) make a sarcastic joke afterwards to ease the atmosphere, or do I say something tender genuine and loving.

Do I tell them about the last 12 months and what a roller coaster it’s been.
Do I give them literature or let them find their own way.
If they take it badly do I let them shout at me or do I walk away.
If they take it well do I hang round for as long as possible or do I give them space.

What happens if half of them are fine and half not.
What happens if they ask to meet the BF but he’s not ready yet.
Do I try and explain the faith aspect of it strait away or not.

I think someone needs to write “the complete idiots guide to coming out” lol. And the first step should be to “stop stressing” lol. But in all seriousness this is definitely having an affect on my health, and as the day draws closer it seems to be getting worse.

Anyway, I need to stop writing about it cause I need to stop thinking about it lol.



On a side note, I’m seeing the BF tonight for the first time in 2 weeks, im soooo excited I’ve missed him dearly.

No comments: