Monday 22 September 2008

Hospitals, heart attacks, hysterical takeovers, half a chance to say goodbye and a-Hell of a lot of Champaign.

Ok, so I tried to make everything start with H but sort of scraped the bottom of the barrel.

A lot has happened of the last 2 weeks hence the lack of posting. So I’ll start with my gran.


Gran:-

She has a history of heart attacks, shes had 7 so far until last weekend. Last weekend she had her 8th and it was a big one. To the point where the doctors thought she was going to die, so my dad drove over to Germany to try and say goodbye. Miraculously within 2 days she was sat up and ordering G’n’T’s. Only to then get a blood clot go back into surgery to have it removed. Then she was in intensive care for a few days and just as she started to look good she suffered a collapsed artery. So again she went in for major surgery came out and was looking god until Friday morning when she started internal bleeding uncontrollably. So she was back in the operating theatre again and they found a cut in her heart which they closed up. Now since Saturday she has been stable which is good. Shes like the cat with a million lives. Lol. I love gran dearly and im fully aware she has to die at some point and in her words “if I end up in a nursing home take me for a long walk off a short cliff” lol she has a great sense of humour, that line is normally followed by “I’m not going to die with those grumpy old bastards” lol.
So yeh it been a stressful two weeks because of that alone.



The Financial industry- (this isn’t a rant, this is my actual involvement in whats going on)

So as you may be aware 2 of the uk’s biggest banks are set to merge, well I say merge, the one beginning with L is taking over the one beginning with H.
Now I work for L bank and the words “un controlled chaos” could be a little bit of an understatement. I cant say what I’ve been up to but this announcement has some what shaken the ground under our feet.


This weekend with Mr C:-

This weekend I had a lazy weekend with Mr C and it was amazing. We just chilled and watched films. Didn’t even get out of bed until at least 2pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday night we went out for an impromptu dinner. The evening weather was gorgeous so we sat outside. We had an amazing meal. As we where ordering food the waiter asked what we wanted for drinks; now after the week I had I decided that it was time to treat myself/us. So I asked for the wine list and had a bottle of campaign (laurent Perrier rose) it was lush. As we chatted away the evening became evermore special and as we finished our meal we got pudding in. By this point I was a little bit tipsy (half a bottle of Champaign does a good job) and asked for the bill, I also asked for another bottle of Champaign to go. Mr C looked at me and giggled. So the final bill came to about £230 hehe but it was well worth it. It ended up being such a special evening. When we got home we jumped into bed, opened up the Champaign started to watch “sex in the city” and passed out holding each other.


Hospital:-

I left Mr C’s house about 3pm on Sunday and headed home, got changed went to church at 5 and got home about 7:30.
Mr C phoned me up saying he had stomach cramps, after a bit of chat he hung up to have a bath.
So I thought I would give Frozen Steve a ring just to catch up and have a chat. Durring our call Mr C tried to call me 3 times. On the third attempt I put Steve on hold and picked up Mr C’s call. He was literally screaming on the other end of the phone, so I switch back to steve and said I had to go.
Mr C then phoned up the Docs and they said for him to go to A&E (the ER). Bex his flat mate took him down as I live across London from him.

This morning I woke up and tried to phone his mobile and another one of his flats mates picked up, my heart sunk for a moment thinking the worse, my head immediately start think “why is his flat mate picking up”. He said that Bex had got back at 6am and the Mr C was still in hospital having blood tests. I had a blond moment and forgot to ask which hospital he was in and so looked on google maps for the closest hospital to his house, I gave them a call and he was there. It turns out he has appendicitis and will be operated on today.

2 comments:

manxxman said...

Oh my.......no operation is good. I hope things have gone well. You have had a lot to worry about.

stephy said...

Hi! I found your blog sort of randomly, I love your profile, you seem awesome. I like your title of your blog, really honest and sums it up. Thanks for writing about the struggling part of being a christian. And thanks also for actually struggling, because a lot of christians never really do. xoxox stephanie